Sunday 2 September 2012

Sample Sunday: haiku from Life's Rhythms




For Sample Sunday, here are some poems from my new haiku collection, called Life's Rhythms. I love haiku because I think of them as little pictures or moments in life. The book contains 316 haiku.

Have a cool day :)
I'm watching the Paralympics! Loving it!



Rain fallen like stars
Sprinkles silver-like touches,
Dancing beside me


Some distant day she’ll
Return when she sees beauty
In a rainbow sing


Under sparkling stars
She laughs like water cascades
Rippling endlessly


Raspberries blood red
Ripe, soft and so succulent
Chilled ice-cream slithers


The sheltering moon,
Beneath her glimmer they roam -
Free, the wild wolves howl


In the dry still heat
The lizard basks, eyes aloft
Watching out for lunch


Eyes turn to the sun,
River of blue-black shimmers
On peacock feathers


Leaves hurtle, twisting,
Dropping without an echo –
Curved, their hands open


Review on Amazon US from Ed Drury:

"I spent the morning with these poems, reading, clipping and reflecting. I find them wonderful little treasures and am happy to have them in my library, there for when I need to summon an image for comfort or inspiration" (excerpt from 5 star review).

Links:

UK Amazon 







2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these. I loved them. I wanted to pick a favorite but couldn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm really glad you liked them. Have a cool day and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting :)