Wednesday 3 October 2012

Words with... Ey Wade



Thanks to Ey Wade, author of nine books crossing genres, for this interview



















What is your day job or are you lucky enough to write for a living? 
At the moment, due to an illness, I am unemployed and so I write to live.

What books have you written so far? 
I have written nine books:

Beads on a String – America’s Racially Intertwined Biographical History (non-fiction); applauding the contributions of all races to America’s formation.  America’s first multi-racial history book.

The Perfect Solution (suspense/women’s fiction); a three-year-old is mistakenly given to a stalker by his preschool teacher. Mona, deciding she wanted Brhin as her own, spent weeks stalking him and his mother. In her delusion to finally do something right in her life she enters The Perfect Solution Childcare Center and leaves with Brhin in her arms. It's a choice she is prepared to defend.

The Fishing Trip (thriller); a formerly sexually abused man evokes retribution on his deviant-filled home town.

D.N.A. (YA/women’s Fiction); teen angst, bullying, drama and mystery. Sometimes relationships in families end tragically. People leave, parents die, and lives change, but does it all have to bring the skeletons out of the closet?

The Women of the Hill; five friends involved in a relationship with the same person find a way to survive.

When One Door Closes (collection for five stories); heartstrings, soul ties and wishful thinking in a collection of four shorts; and a long tale of fortitude in difficult relationships.

Who Will Hug the SunBetween the Two of Them, and Not a Sound, not a Peep (picture books).

What works in progress do you have? 
I am working on a three-part romance called Tripping Prince Charming; women’s fiction titled On the Corner of Easy Street and Blueberry Hill; a companion thriller to The Fishing Trip, titled The Carjacker; and a few children’s picture books.

How long did it take you to write your book/s? 
Each one takes a varied time to the finish line, but I work on them all pretty much every day, so basically it can take up to a year to finish three or four.

Do you write linear, or jump back and forth? 
When I write I am a jumper, so I usually write where the scene belongs on the top of the page.

Do you plan or write by the seat of your pants? 
Oh, definitely by the seat.

Why do you write? 
I write because there is no way I would be able to say all that I feel about life and the universe in general. Sometimes it is the only way to get my point across.

How long have you been writing? 
I have been writing longer than I can remember. Making up things has always been a apart of my life.



Where and when do you write? ­ Do you have set times? 
I have no set times or place to write. 

When you were a kid, what did you want to do/who did you want to be when you grew up? 
As a child I only wanted to be an artist.

Would you say that your dreams have come true or are you still working on them? 
No all of my dreams haven’t come true. I’m still working on perfection.

You’re walking in the forest and you bump into an alien librarian from Mars. He wants five book recommendations from you…
I’d say, "Dude, here’s my Nook. Take your pick because I only read the best."

Who is your favourite character from any book and why? 
I like the main character from The Giver. The fact he was the only one to see the truth and beauty in life always made me feel good.

Are you published or self-published? 
I’m self-published. At the moment the experience is rewarding because I feel as if I am the major force behind my successes and failures.

How do you find the marketing experience? 
Bleak, busy, confusing and not near as profitable as it should be.

What advice would you give other writers just starting out? 
Just write as you feel, write as you think, and edit a bit on the way. If possible find good groups and people to hang out with.

Do you have a blog? 
I have several where I blog about life, news, writing.

What other hobbies do you have? 
I garden.

What would you like to achieve in the next five years? 
In the next year it would be awesome to have gained major recognition for my writings and a home of my own.

If you won the Lotto or a major publishing contract, what would you do with that dosh? 
I would buy my self a home and a car, and pay off my student loan.

Complete one of these stories in 100 words or less…
(Story choice 1) 


Play Dead Fred
There was once a wee worm called Fred… who wished to hell he was dead. He folded his body in half and tried to pretend he was when a shadow loomed over his head. Fred found himself lifted in the air by a pair of pinching fingers. Butt wiggling and dangling, he held himself stiff and closed his eyes tight when he realized he was travelling through space.

“Ah, man this one is dead.”

The fingers released him and he landed on the soft, green grass. Thanking his superb acting skills, he scurried off as fast as he could.

Links
Website: Into the Deep








1 comment:

  1. Nice interview with one of my favorite authors. Many thanks to both of you and the next time I see a worm, I'll have to audition him for a role in a play. Who knew that worms could have mad acting skills!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)