Sunday 26 May 2013

New reviews of my books

Some new reviews of my books...

Life's Rhythms (316 haiku)

4 out of 5 stars - Great porch reading!, May 26, 2013
I liked this book, and reading it relaxed me. The poems were written in a way that they flowed together nicely. I read the whole book in one sitting, and they were all positive. They author uses nature and humor in her poems as well. They were all haikus and some were straight forward while others were more abstract.
I did not like that there were not chapters and I didn't know what theme I was reading. However the poems were written very well and I am going to use this as a coffee table book! It is great for chatting. I also think that this would be a great book club book. The members could write their own poems each week. As I read the poems I definitely got pictures in my mind of birds chipping and wind blowing. This was my favorite poem:

Paw prints in the snow
Whiskers watches from the wall
White envelops all.

We definitely had a lot of snow this year!
I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own!


Travelling Light

5 out of 5 stars - Continued Read..., May 11, 2013
By Ann Johnson-Murphree (Wisconsin) 
Very enjoyable read, one that I will return to time and time again. Well worth anyone's time to get to know this poet. ajm


Kiwi in Cat City

5 out of 5 stars - Great Children's Book!, May 23, 2013
This was such a sweet book. I loved the cat- hope there are many more adventures of Kiwi! Great Book!


3 Heads & a Tail

5 out of 5 stars - Fun and funny read!, May 20, 2013
By Lady Wings (South Carolina, USA) 
Any book that features a dog as a main character has to be good. Right? Well, most of the time... some of the time?
This book, 3 Heads and a Tail, meets my idea of a good book. It is very humorous and a fun light read. Vickie Johnstone is one of my favorite authors and I always look forward to reading her work. It is written for readers over 16 years old. Folks wanting to be entertained will enjoy this book. I highly recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)