Saturday 31 January 2015

A Poem a Day 2015 (24): Like you're crazy

I wrote this poem just after midnight. Yep, I'm still up! Well, it is Friday. Writer JD Mader runs a writing day on his blog every Friday, called Unemployed Imagination - you can write whatever you like in the space of 2 minutes. JD's initial story is always cool and I nick lines out of it for my prompts. I dunno, but prompts kind of grab something for me and I try to take it somewhere. Anyway, here's what I came up with and if you want to write, here's his blog link - http://www.jdmader.com/2015/01/2-minutes-go.html

So, here's my 2-minute bit... I wrote 4 things (2 fiction, 2 poems) so I'll post the others over the weekend. Cheers.

Prompt: Everyone looks at you like you're crazy (from JD's story).

Everyone looks at you like you’re crazy
Except me
For I know
I have a handle on the thing
The breeze in the air
The circle in the stream
The wandering so endless
I know the creeping darkness
The watcher in the shadows
The mind fuck
I have a feeling you know too
These stray things
The way they shift in the light
Only to fade in the night
When he comes a-walking
Talking up the tune
Only to confound me now
Into this space
Of utter burning
I yearn
Eager to begin a story
Only you can tell me
With that crazy laugh of yours
In time with my own
For I am as damn fine crazy
As the life you’ve always known.

copyright Vickie Johnstone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)