Tuesday 3 February 2015

A Poem a Day 2015 (26): The whole world inside out

Oh, my first post of February! Happy February! It's a chilly one and it was snowing today brrrr. Love the snow! This one was written for JD Mader's Friday Unemployed Imagination challenge. You write whatever you like in 2 minutes and I kept taking odd words or lines from his initial story as my writing prompts. Check out his blog on Fridays :)  http://www.jdmader.com/2015/01/2-minutes-go.html


The whole world inside out

He paints it
The whole world
Inside out
Where I stand
Beneath the rain
Falling blue
Pink petals swirl
Upon this gainful air
Creating magic
Twisting, playing
A Catherine Wheel
Unlit, whizzing
For me to catch
If I can
As the world turns
Tilting
Flickering
He leads the way
With a brushstroke
This merry dance

copyright Vickie Johnstone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)