Tuesday 24 March 2015

A Poem a Day 2015 (39): If I leave

Yet another poem written from a prompt on JD Mader's Friday 2minutesgo challenge. I think this one took more than two minutes - say five to ten. Cheers :)

If I leave

If I leave will you follow
Way out there into the dark,
Where the world weaves
Its own deceptive light?

Is it better to disappear
Altogether while you sleep,
Or to tell you all these things
I’ve kept so close so long?

Will the time come anyway?
Will the ending be the same?

In these seconds I can see
My decisions flow in clarity,
See the real and the unreal,
Opposites, standing side by side

But then the moment turns,
Fast unravelling and I am lost
As the ebb and flow of things
Floods every decision I make

If I seek to win will I lose?
If I mind to lose will I win?

In this game we seek to play
Are we deceiving ourselves
While the Fates grin and bear
Each and every mistake of ours?

Closing the door softly, I leave
To step upon a spread of snow,
Beneath flakes falling like my veil
Into this tangled dark I know.

copyright Vickie Johnstone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)